fredag 20 april 2012

SPRING IS HERE, TIME TO CLEANSE!

Source: Pinterest

Doesn't this statement put things into perspective?!

A couple of years ago, I started a ritual of cleansing with the changing of every season to help kick-start my body and immune system. Boy, have I noticed a difference in my energy levels and in the way I feel after a cleanse!


Ideally, your cleanse should last 2 weeks however if that’s not realistic for you, try one week. The key is to commit 100% to the time you set out for yourself. My naturopath helped me set up a plan as a guide to what foods to eat and which to pass on. Plan your meals for each day of the cleanse and buy all the necessary ingredients so it's easier to stay on track. Preparation, organization and determination is the key to success.

Fill your daily diet with vitamin rich foods like:


  • Fruits
  • Vegetables
  • Fish
  • Nuts
  • Lean meats

And avoid foods like:

  • Refined sugars
  • Heavy carbs
  • Red meat (hard to digest)
  • Caffeine
  • Preservatives/additives


And remember, if you're feeling unmotivated to hit the gym or to step our for a run, think about the great feeling you have after your workout. There's no debating that your body feels rejuvenated after some vigorous movement. And think, it may even help you to fit into those favourite summer pants you haven't been able to wear for a few years:)

I'll check back in a couple of weeks after I have cleansed and would love to hear how you feel as well!

A little food for thought...

Reward yourself with some Spring/Summer shopping on Fabulous Living!

-Heili and Team Fabulous

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar