fredag 9 mars 2012

Following a dream

656 pages of inspiration, motivation, melancholy and empowerment. I don't have much time to read, running a business, 5 kids and their activities and maybe some time at the gym, but I felt I needed to read this very big biography of the Steve Jobs, founder of Apple (for those who don't know who he is, if there is anyone).

The book is written with a refreshing objective honesty presenting the two sides of Jobs - the genius and the dragon. Everyone has the light side and the shadow side, some more than others, so I found his persona actually quite balanced in the sense that in his extremes there was balance; extreme highs and extreme lows in the way he did things, treated people, thought, acted, etc. 

The thing that I connected with is the fact that he was not motivated by money but by excellence. He wanted to create great products, simple and easy user experience to simplify and enhance our lives and he wanted to create a great company. 

Like anything in life, when something is done for the right reason with the intention to want to improve and enhance life, society, etc. one is often successful and as a result, money is plenty. Although Steve Jobs was hard on people, he wanted to help them to reach the unreachable. To find within themselves their true potential. Many people in society today are talking about motivation, affirmations, fulfilling your dreams, and making things happen. Robin Sharma's books and philosophy is based on this, being the best you can be. Believe it or not, Maria Montessori over 100 years ago started her method of education to help each individual child realise their true potential.

If we say, "no, it can't be done", it won't get done because we have already created that reality with our thoughts.  Instead we can think like the Little Engine that Could, "I think I can, I think I can, I know I can, I know I can. 

A little philosophizing on a Friday morning to give you food for thought on a early March weekend. 

Trevlig Helg!!!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar